I'm sure many people know how to make this and it's really, really, REALLY simple!! ^_^ From a teenager to an elderly person can make this!
These are the noodles I used...
|These egg noodles really taste nice!|
Empty packets of shredded veg (I promise they were full before I took a picture ^_^)...
|Cheap veg from Morrison's - and only 50p each!|
Light and dark soy sauce. Light soy sauce is for the taste. Dark soy sauce is just for colour...
|Light and dark soy sauce|
In the wok it goes!
|A wokful of noodles and stir fried veg|
And out into an ice cream tub...
|Lots of noodles!!!!|
Ok, this isn't the first time I made this, it's just constant stirring and frying the ingredients (that's why my arm aches from making two tubs!).
My geeky rating for my noodles: 5/5 (I did taste it and I didn't add any extra salt)
1 dried medium egg noodles (Sharwood's for £1.59 is good!)
Half a pack of ready packed stir fried vegetables
One third of a ready packed beansprouts (optional)
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
1-2 teaspoons of dark soy sauce
Water for boiling the noodles
Meat (chicken, beef, seafood) (optional)*
How to cook (for one person):
1. Boil the noodles in a big pan (cook as instructed on the packet) - cook 1 dried noodles for 1 person
2. Drain the noodles and rinse in cold water, then put aside
3. Next, heat the wok (or a non-stick pan if you have no wok), add a teaspoon of vegetable oil, and swerve the oil around the wok
4. Add the vegetables and stir them for 2-3 minutes until it looks slightly soft
5. Add the drained cold noodles.
6. Splash a teaspoon of dark soy sauce (don't use too much, otherwise you will have dark noodles and veg!)
7. Add in 2 tablespoons of light soy sauce
8. Mix and stir fry the noodles and the veg well (and all the dark soy sauce has coloured most of the noodles and veg)
9. Finally serve in a plate!
*Tip - if you are adding meat, cook the meat first, next add the veg and then add the noodles!!