After the Ice Sculpting Festival and having eaten some cold and lukewarm food at Wahaca, Miss Pinky and I, plus Master H who joined us later in the evening went to a local Vietnamese restaurant in Surrey Quays. An Instagram follower suggested this place, and I thought, why not!!
|Outside Cafe Mama Pho|
|Some of the pictures displayed|
Since I've have never eaten at a proper Vietnamese restaurant before, it was hard making a decision with what to eat, although I have wanted to try out Vietnamese rolls for a very long time!!
So here's our food, plus my drink (Miss Pinky and Master H had fizzy drinks and a Chinese tea... Not adventurous)...
|Some garnishes for you to add to your food|
|Com Tam Cha Suon Bi|
|Che Sun Sa --> ^_^|
|Big strings / lumps of jelly|
|Sorry... I couldn't focus well...|
1. They don't serve alcohol (I didn't mind), and
2. It was a sit, eat and then go type of place and you couldn't relax much (people were standing at the door, and it was soooo cold!)... We actually moved seats twice because the first time we sat next to the door and then the second time because there was a bigger group coming in... :(
I hope that one day they will expand the place, as the place is quite small for a busy place i.e. use the upstairs or basement to fit more people in. This place is really popular with the locals, and I'm sure people who are not from the area will go and visit this place too...
Total price came to £33.30 (incl. £2 service charge).
By the way, we were so full afterwards, it was very hard to walk back to Rotherhithe!
My geeky rating: 4.8/5
- Speedy and friendly service
- Loved the pho and meat pie! I want more!
- I loved my drink too!!!
- Pricing wasn't too bad - similar to Chinese restaurants
- The place is a little cramped, but seating wise it was ok
- Felt a bit rushed eating as the waitress staff were coming and going
Address: 24 Evelyn Street, Deptford, London SE8 5DG (Directions: as you come out of Surrey Quays Overground, make sure you exit towards Lower Road. Walk down Lower Road... Keep walking pass the traffic lights. And once you see McDonald's it's a few more meters ahead...!)
Telephone: 0208 305 6649